The current scenario of the profession

Next session will be announced soon!
Ektamehta

12 Oct 2017, 13:23

Since you've been in the profession for so many years, please enlighten on us on how you've seen it change and shape up to what it is today.

The clarity on the various applications is quite less in the current day but I think gradually Actuaries will be more in demand. What are your views?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Actuarial Info mobile app

Mayank
Site Admin

12 Oct 2017, 13:53

The session starts at 9 P.M. If you'll post later you have better chances to be seen instantly, thou keep these posts as it is :)
Mayank Goyal
Ektamehta

12 Oct 2017, 16:45

Okay I'll keep the others for later

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Actuarial Info mobile app

JeffreyMiller
Mentor

12 Oct 2017, 20:37

I believe the actuarial profession offers more opportunities today than it ever has.  However, I do believe it is harder to get started.  With all of the computing and communication resources available today a senior actuary has less need for help from students than was previously the case.  However, we are dealing with so many more topics that more actuarial work must be done.  That just means that the pressure on students to become more productive faster is greater than ever, in my experience.  I also think that students can be more creative and build their own jobs today.

The one thing that has not changed is the importance of mentors.  I was very fortunate to have many strong mentors when I was getting started in the profession.  This is an area that needs more attention today, I believe.

Actuarial Blogs Insurology

icon icon