salary

Next session will be announced soon!
Mayank
Site Admin

salary

Post by Mayank » 12 Oct 2017, 21:11

Salary always has been the hottest topic of Actuary. Leave how much, how we can present ourselves to the company taking more than the market price back to home? What should we do? What should be our aim?

I'm not greedy just believe in benefiting from the opportunity!
Mayank Goyal
JeffreyMiller
Mentor

Re: salary

Post by JeffreyMiller » 12 Oct 2017, 21:27

I have always found that the harder you work, the luckier you get.  I have also found that large organizations tend to be slower in increasing salaries, but offer very attractive compensation packages to senior people.  For example, one of my classmates went to work for a large company and I went into the consulting business.  Later on I joined a small consulting firm and then started my own consulting firm.  He stayed with the large company.  Today he is retired and I am still working.  Now, I spend more money than he does, and I don't want to retire.  The point is that near-term and long-term compensation can be two different things.  Find a place where you enjoy working, work very hard, and the money will come along.
Mayank
Site Admin

Re: salary

Post by Mayank » 12 Oct 2017, 21:30

JeffreyMiller wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 21:27
The point is that near-term and long-term compensation can be two different things.  Find a place where you enjoy working, work very hard, and the money will come along

To the point. Thank you sir!
Mayank Goyal