Under general supervision, the associate will be responsible for accurate and timely processing of pension calculations of Low to High complexity in a multi-client environment. Associate must understand fidelity systems, learn and process financial transactions on respective client database. They should also work closely with upstream and downstream processes for the overall service to the end client / participant.
Calculation work involves the following activities:
- Send out projection calculation of retirement benefits and forms to participants on request.
- Address quires from participants
- Process final calculation once the participant/ beneficiary decide to commence his benefits and his forms are processed by retirement initiation team
- Manually calculating and reviewing pension benefits for plan participants
Roles & Responsibilities
List of skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong Comprehension skills. Good at interpretation of plan documents.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills and implementing solutions
- Good at numbers(numerical ability)
- Logical reasoning and Analytical thinking
- Service mid set – Customer or Participant focus
- Strong PC Software skills (i.e. Excel, Outlook and Word)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt to changes and new processes
- Motivated and committed to excellence; positive attitude and “can do” work ethic.
- Adapt to change
- Be flexible with workload and accommodate internal and external client needs
- Willingness to work in “Night Shifts”
- Work in a team environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mathematics, Finance or Business) or equivalent is mandatory
- Actuarial background is preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in a research and resolution process, Pension or Insurance/Underwriting Services or related financial process experience is mandatory
- At least 1 year of experience with an actuarial background