Support the UK L&H Business Management team in conducting regular valuation/reserving related activities every quarter.
- Assist on regular quarterly valuations/reserve calculations.
- Accurately complete already defined modelling processes including implementation of modelling assumptions, performing model runs, validations of results and its delivery to the reporting actuaries/line owners.
- Perform required calculations and analysis on IBNR, Profit Commission, STAT/GAAP zeroisation and other such activities/requirements.
- Perform required validations, analysis to ensure accuracy of the numbers produced as well as keep audit trails of all major validations/checks done.
- Address questions from Reporting Actuaries and perform further analysis/validations as required on results delivered.
- Apply technical knowledge and process skills to solve problems and develop solutions, i.e. investigating data/modelling issues, reconcile different reports/numbers.
- Question existing processes and suggest improvements
- Interaction with auditors as/when required
- Assist on 'special projects' carried out to meet specific objectives as/when required
UK valuation team was set-up in the year 2008 in Swiss Re Bangalore. This is one of the pioneer teams to get into the global systems platform that Swiss Re has been targeting and involved in end-to-end aspects of Swiss Re UK reporting i.e. starting from data handling until explaining the movements in reporting figures to Head of Reporting who will sign-off the numbers from UK.
Preferably 1+ years of experience in Actuarial
- Progress towards actuarial examinations
- Graduate or Post graduate in Actuarial Science/Mathematics/Statistics
- Ability to work accurately and deliver on a timely manner
- Must be able to interpret business specs and ask clarifying questions
- Strong data organization and analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong learning motive
- Proficiency in working with Spreadsheet and Database packages
- Exposure to Swiss Re valuation tools would be an additional advantage (MoSes)