- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of quarterly BoF data for experience studies use.
- Coordinate workflow between data analysts and actuarial teams.
- Maintain documentation of data validation process, including assumptions and methodology.
- Analyse data, interpret results, and form recommendations
- Validate results, isolate unusual trends and seek explanation
- Derive recommendations where necessary. Take shortfalls in analysis into account in drawing conclusions.
- Design analytical review process, with selection of appropriate data assumptions and methods.
- Follow established guidelines and best practices for internal and external data management processes, which includes appropriate documentation in support of business controls.
- Create, maintain, and enhance guidelines and best practices when necessary.
About The Team
US Experience Studies team is responsible for assisting in the development of client specific assumptions (used in costing) & maintaining quality of BoF data(used in studies). The team is located in two main offices: Fort Wayne (US) and Bangalore (India).
- 1-2 years of L&H pricing and/or valuation experience in the insurance and/or reinsurance industry preferable.
- Good understanding of fundamental actuarial concepts.
- Good analytical and statistical skills.
- Programming/software skills, in particular SAS, SQL, MS Excel and MS Access.
- Good communication in English, both written and verbal, with an ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Cross cultural experience working with colleagues globally; experienced in managing work product handover processes between teams in different geographical locations.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and deliver to deadlines.
- Shows initiative in identifying issues and supporting other team members, peers and senior stakeholders.