Powai – Mumbai
Analyst – Actuarial & Analytics
Manager – Analytics
JLT India is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Jardine Matheson owned, Jardine Lloyd Thompson group (JLT). The group is in the business of Employee Benefits and Insurance Broking and has its presence through 110 companies in over 36 countries.
The US Specialty Analytics and Consulting team works closely with their US Specialty team members based out of Chicago, IL. The team primarily focuses on actuarial model development, pricing of policies, claims data management and several other data analytics projects.
Analyst –Actuarial & Analytics
1) Primary Role
- Contribute to claim analytics execution, tool evolution, and tool construction – supporting current clients with dashboards and analysis as well as business development support through loss run analysis
- Contribute to actuarial forecasting including loss projection and loss collateral analysis for casualty lines – for both clients and prospects
- Contribute to limit/retention analyses using JLT’s suite of risk exposure models including those for Directors and Officers Liability, Cyber, and Environmental risks.
- Contribute to JLT Specialty US efforts to build limit/retention risk exposure models to for each of the specialty lines of our business – coordinating with business leaders on model construction
- Collaborate with JLT Specialty US specialists regarding risk model outputs and how they are presented to JLT professionals and clients and prospects
- 0 to 2 years of experience with > 4 Actuarial Papers cleared
- Strong Excel capabilities – including pivot table, lookup, and VBA programming skills
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Apply creative solutions to consolidate complex information and present in an understandable format
- General analytics capabilities with ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets with detail and accuracy
- Initial understanding of commercial insurance programs and how they work – including knowledge of specialty insurance programs – as well as casualty claims concepts – such as frequency, severity, incurred, etc.
- Risk modelling and related software experience is a nice to have (would position the candidate for future growth and development in the team). This includes software like R, SAS, Python etc
- Demonstrate agility and rigor
- Attention to detail with exceptional quality of work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptive to organisational culture and business environment
- Flexible to work in order to provide some overlap hours with the US team (No night shifts)
: Maharashtra-Mumbai-Supreme Business Park, Powai