What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Gather and interpret information from clients, brokers, and underwriters.
- Work with our customers to understand exposures, review modeling results, explain modeling limitations and resolve issues promptly.
- Model catastrophe reinsurance structures and strategies using primarily RMS (Risk Browser & Risk Link) and other vendors to support actuarial/underwriting functions primarily serving Facultative Reinsurance lines.
- Assess the data quality and make necessary assumptions for modeling. Create reports for client exposure and modeled losses.
- Support our other reinsurance groups, analyzing both individual risk and portfolio level risk where required.
- Assist in preparing the quarterly aggregation reports, building out in-force portfolios and providing the corresponding loss distributions by peril/region.
- Support projects that improve our function such as model validation, tool development, and data mining.
- Develop processes & scripts to facilitate data transfers and optimize risk calculations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
UNLEASH your potentialWe’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- 0 to 2 years of experience in a cat modeling role. Experience with RMS products, especially RiskLink & Risk browser is preferred.
- Undergraduate-level knowledge of statistical and mathematical concepts required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Should be deadline driven and have ability to work under pressure
- Good analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of reinsurance terms and conditions preferred but not required.
- Ability to work with large amount of data, complex instructions, multiple exceptions and layered categorizations
The XL Catlin group of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.