Get news for the latest jobs
- Site Admin
- Posts: 138
XL Catlin India Actuarial team is looking for an experienced professional to join our team. The candidate needs to be a part-qualified actuary with at least 4-5 years Non-Life experience and should be making good progress in exams.This is a specialist role for someone with strong reserving skills, a team player who will mentor and guide junior actuarial candidates.You will support the reserving actuary with influencing internal stakeholders and delivering new strategies for reserving.What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Minimum prior experience of 5 years working in an insurance and/or actuarial consultancy is required
- An ability to understand and interpret the data.
- Understanding of reserving concepts to determine liabilities.
- Understanding of reserve tools like ResQ.
- Provide more insight of business to management.
- Present results to business, i.e. Underwriters etc.
- Preparing and presenting reports to management.
- Supervising and coaching of team members.
- A good understanding of finance and risk process and controls.
- Meeting obligations for audits
We’re looking for someone who has these abilities and skills:
- We seek creative and well-rounded self-starters who have both the qualitative and quantitative aptitude to excel in a challenging and highly competitive environment. Actuarial sciences, engineering, mathematics, statistics or economics backgrounds are preferred.
- Adequate and sufficient experience in general insurance reserving.
- Undergraduate degree and at least CT Series Exams and any one of the ST, CA1 or SA Exams from Institute of Actuaries of India/ Institute of Actuaries, UK or at least 3 CAS Exams.
- Superior analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of actuarial reserving software.
- Advanced mathematical / financial / statistical aptitude.
- Strong computer application skills, specifically Excel, Access and Visual Basic Application.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in managing people.
Job Type: Full-timeSalary: ₹600,000.00 to ₹2,500,000.00 /yearRequired experience:
- General Insurance Actuarial Reserving: 5 years