Major Objectives :
- Analyze information to assist in determination of the adequacy of loss and loss expense reserves using actuarial techniques; prepare reserve study documentation; prepare information for financial statements
- Assist in determining the appropriate IBNR to be booked each quarter with review by supervisor; prepare Sarbanes Oxley documentation
- Perform research, experience studies and other more complex actuarial analysis, and develop, review, and analyze changes and improvements to actuarial procedures
- Check data for accuracy. Work with system personnel to design new reports
- Projects will be completed independently with some supervision. Compile reports or exhibits with supervisor's review
- Communicate with, comptrollers, claims, underwriters or legal departments. May have some contact with company auditors
Basic Qualifications :
- College graduate with B.S. degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or other major with significant credits in technical, analytical or quantitative subject matter.
- Completion of minimum 3-4 CT series exams of actuarial Institute of UK/India or equivalent exams of CAS/SOA (USA).
- 1 to 3 years experience doing responsible actuarial work.
- At least 2 CAS exams passed preferred
- Actuarial Internship experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or other related skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work well both independently and as part of a team
- Strong business and collaboration skills
- Effective time management skill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Get Actuarial Job information in this Actuarial Forum
1 post • Page 1 of 1