Career suggestion

If you have anything to discuss, you're free to post it on our Actuarial Forums under this heading. Not Actuarial Jobs specific
sarvatmak

08 Oct 2018, 11:36

Hello i m sarvatmak age 23, completed my graduation in maths in 2015 and been preparing for government exams since then but now i want to pursue actuary course and will have my ACET exam in december also i have decided to complete my PG from maths so is it good time to start the course, will i get a job after clearing 3 CT papers and what are the other certificate i should get so as to get a decent job plz guide me guys ur advice is really appriciable.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Actuarial Info mobile app

Last edited by sarvatmak on 08 Oct 2018, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

Tamanna

08 Oct 2018, 19:42

Hi Sarvatmak,
It's really difficult to say if you'll get a job just after 3 papers. It all depends on how you present yourself and what technical skills you have.
Many companies actually require candidates with low papers but that is rare these days.
Plus you completed your graduation in 2015 and you are still don't have any job experience ( I'm assuming this since you haven't mentioned anything). This might be a drawback for you. Completing your PG is a good idea and it should help a little.
You should also look into data science courses like R and excel.
Inbox me if you have any other queries.

Hope this helps :)
sarvatmak

09 Oct 2018, 05:54

Thanks.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Actuarial Info mobile app

Renukalra

09 Oct 2018, 07:23

Tamanna wrote:Hi Sarvatmak,
It's really difficult to say if you'll get a job just after 3 papers. It all depends on how you present yourself and what technical skills you have.
Many companies actually require candidates with low papers but that is rare these days.
Plus you completed your graduation in 2015 and you are still don't have any job experience ( I'm assuming this since you haven't mentioned anything). This might be a drawback for you. Completing your PG is a good idea and it should help a little.
You should also look into data science courses like R and excel.
Inbox me if you have any other queries.

Hope this helps :)
Hii tamana can you answer me please what is the importance of r and Excel in data science

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Actuarial Info mobile app

arpit

11 Oct 2018, 21:55

In data science, you need to analyse things from huge sets of data. And r and excel helps you in doing that, both have many statistical and mathematical Tools that help you to analyse it.

Renukalra

14 Oct 2018, 15:56

arpit wrote:In data science, you need to analyse things from huge sets of data. And r and excel helps you in doing that, both have many statistical and mathematical Tools that help you to analyse it.
How much time is required to complete it ??? I want to do job in actuarial field simultaneously preparing for actuarial . Can you please help me out in this

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Actuarial Info mobile app

Actuarial Blogs Insurology

icon icon