- Work as a core member of the actuarial team and contribute to make it a center of excellence
- Analyze the historical claims data and identify potential issues and trends and document the findings
- Build MS-excel based actuarial tools and be able to use triangulation methods for the purpose of estimating outstanding loss reserves for various (Re)insurance companies
- Work on Statement of Actuarial Opinions (SAO) and actuarial audits of clients
- Review data, methodologies, assumptions, results and benchmark against market
- Reconcile results from previous year and compare with clients’ results
- Review Nonlife pricing models and carry out bespoke modeling
- Assist with Solvency II Technical provisions actuarial reviews for PRA submission requirements
- Validate consistency across regulatory submissions
- Assist client with understanding and implementing the new regulations e.g. Solvency II, IFRS, etc.
- Provide transaction and due diligence support to the client
- Provide assistance with actuarial system transformation
- Assist with actuarial review of Economic capital requirements
- Make proper commentary on the results/findings and prepare the summary report
- Assist senior members of the team in day-to-day management activities including MI reporting
- Actively participate in engagement team meeting
- Communicate with engagement managers/Directors/partners in UK and build strong professional relationship
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders and discuss solutions to potential problem areas
- General knowledge of Insurance business and finance
- Familiarity with spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Candidate will be required to interact with colleagues in the US via email, written instructions, phone, or other online collaboration protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal drive and positive work ethic to deliver results within tight deadlines and in demanding situations
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of engagement types, working hours and work environments and location
- Team player; self-driven and ability to work independently
Read for the day: Linkedin Profile in Actuarial Science. How does it help?
Download Insurology app for Actuarial and Insurance Blogs and news.
Sent from my LLD-AL10 using Actuarial Info mobile app