Career advice

If you have anything to discuss, you're free to post it on our Actuarial Forums under this heading. Not Actuarial Jobs specific
tushargaur2201

06 Oct 2018, 12:28

Hello all, I am Tushar Gaur, I am a 2018 economics hons graduate and have cleared 5 CT papers (1,3,4,5,6).

It's been 4-5 months since I m looking for a job but haven't even landed a proper interview with any firm.
I even improved my software skills in Excel, R, and VBA, but still no luck.

Now there are hardly any vacancies coming for freshers. And I just don't want to sit at home doing nothing.

So please anyone could suggest some other field I can look job into for the TIME BEING..which is somewhat related to stats, maths or insurance or may be data related some job.

Also, is doing a course on data science will help me? And if yes, can you suggest any good institute.

Please help me in this.

Thank you in advance Image

Sent from my SM-A510F using Actuarial Info mobile app

Tamanna

07 Oct 2018, 12:01

tushargaur2201 wrote:Hello all, I am Tushar Gaur, I am a 2018 economics hons graduate and have cleared 5 CT papers (1,3,4,5,6).

It's been 4-5 months since I m looking for a job but haven't even landed a proper interview with any firm.
I even improved my software skills in Excel, R, and VBA, but still no luck.

Now there are hardly any vacancies coming for freshers. And I just don't want to sit at home doing nothing.

So please anyone could suggest some other field I can look job into for the TIME BEING..which is somewhat related to stats, maths or insurance or may be data related some job.

Also, is doing a course on data science will help me? And if yes, can you suggest any good institute.

Please help me in this.

Thank you in advance Image

Sent from my SM-A510F using Actuarial Info mobile app
Hi Tushar,
I have seen many people facing the same problem that you're facing. The jobs for freshers are scarce these days.
Data Science is definitely one way to go. I do have some knowledge about the institutes in my city. You can inbox me for the information.

In the meanwhile, if you are interested in fields other than insurance, you can apply your actuarial knowledge in risk management fields and banks. Just search for jobs in these fields. These may not be core actuarial jobs but they require the knowledge all the same.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Actuarial Info mobile app

Actuarial Blogs Insurology

icon icon